Gordon Murray the man behind the iconic McLaren F1 has just revealed his latest project the T.50.
The T.50 will be a light weight super car with a Cosworth-developed naturally aspirated 3.9-liter V12 with 650 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque that redlines to 12,100 rpm. The power-to-weight ratio will reportedly be "unmatched.” Total weight: 980kgs
- Designed to the same exacting engineering standards as the driver-focused McLaren F1; improves upon its iconic predecessor in every way
- Mid-engine and rear-wheel-drive layout; famed central driving position and
- H-pattern gearbox all key to a matchless experience behind the wheel
- All-new V12 to be the highest-revving engine ever used in a production car; produces un-rivaled power-to-weight
- ‘Fan car’ technology delivers the most advanced aerodynamics yet seen on a road car
- Unique carbon fiber tub and a focus on minimizing the weight of every component underpin ‘light weighting’ strategy – overall weight is just 980kg
- New model will set new standards for supercar packaging, providing driver and two passengers with exceptional comfort, safety, practicality and luggage space
- Only 100 exclusive models to be produced costing in excess of £2m (before taxes); deliveries from early 2022.
Mr Murray also states that “I have absolutely no interest in chasing records for top speed or acceleration. Our focus is instead on delivering the purest, most rewarding driving experience of any supercar ever built – but, rest assured, it will be quick.”
Check out the video below as he talks about the T.50.